Monday, January 24, 2011

ART Therapy with friends

Do you ever feel like you are drowning in a sea of commitments and you can't seem to come up for air? Like when everyone in your family is demanding your time - "MOOOMMY, can you help me? I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. I'm bored. I want to go here or there. I want... I wannt... I waannnnnt..." and "Why haven't you done this yet? What have you been doing all day????"   I defintitely find myself in these dark waters from time to time. It weighs you down like a rock tied around your waste.

But do you know what I do when things start going black?  I forget the rest of the world for a few hours and escape to ART. How it calms me when I am all tangled up inside. Paper... ink... stamps... ribbon... thread... fabric... - all are sooooo therapeutic. They allow me to release the stress of the day and create something beautiful, even if it is only beautiful to me. I had an ART therapy session today with some friends who also needed a bit of artful release. We made these cute little felt pouches and mini note cards and tags to go inside. All the things I love combined into one cute package. What more could a girl ask for?! Here are a few photos of our creations.

 Green & Pink flowers and little red hearts...

 Felt pouch that measures approx. 4" w x 4.5" h

 Inside pockets are about 4" apart

Stamping all the goodies inside the pouches!

See you again soon!
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment