Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Birds and butterflies

Hello!!!!  I hope you are enjoying the summer so far! Our kiddies still have two weeks of school left so we haven't "officially" started summer yet here in Zurich, but we have been enjoying the sunshine and warm temps that finally arrived after my last post! We celebrated Miss A's birthday earlier this month and will celebrate Mr Z's birthday tomorrow. He hits double digits this year and this fact really makes me feel old, as well as feel like time is shooting past me at warp speed... Has anyone out there figured out how to slow it down yet???? Please pass this wisdom on to me if you have!

I don't know about you, but I am in love with most things with birds (bird houses, bird cages, etc...) and/or butterflies on them. I simply can't get enough, especially the bird theme. I went into Zurich yesterday to check out some of the half year sales (yes, they generally only have sales twice a year unlike twice a week in the US!) and, of course, found two things NOT ON SALE but that I had to get - a bird pillow for my bed and a pillow case with little bird houses all over it (for what, I am not yet sure but thinking it would make an adorable little bag of some sort!). So, going along with the birds and butterflies theme, I want to share a couple things I have been stamping and sewing over the past couple of weeks. 
Birdie tote and my new pillow :-) - the flower is a pin so it can be removed to put on something else or in your hair

Butterfly appliqué tote - again the flower can be removed

And here's a litte note card set that I made for Mr Z's teacher who is leaving at the end of this year (we will miss her!!!). I wrapped the cards in some sheer fabric and just love the softness that it gives to the set. 

Stamped notecards and coordinating envelopes

Have a great rest of the week! 

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment